Whether your blog is used to promote your business, or you simply want to carve out your own little corner of the internet to share your thoughts and feelings – with the appropriate care and effort, you could turn your blog into an additional stream of income. In fact, over time, running your blog could become a full-time job, meaning you could quickly turn your passions into an exciting and profitable new career.
However, for this to happen, you need to build up a steady stream of viewers and readers – i.e., the kind of people who will return to your blog each time you post, ready and waiting to see what content you have curated for them. Without steady traffic, your blog will simply not reach the level of success required to become profitable. More specifically, you will need to make sure you covert those readers to email subscribers!
Having a large number of subscribers via an email list will ensure you still have traffic when those crazy algorithm changes affect traffic coming in from Pinterest, Instagram, and other social media platforms.
Here are a few other ways you can increase your blog’s traffic:
- While consistent posting is key, you need to ensure that you are producing quality content for your blog. Your posts should be a blend of informative and entertaining – and each post should be unique. For example, if you run a lifestyle blog – you shouldn’t recycle content every few months.
- Increase your blog’s traffic by connecting with your audience. This goal can be achieved by communicating clearly with them, be that over social media or through email. You can also form a relationship with your audience by making your content as accessible as possible. For example, you should keep your posts short and easy to read instead of using complicated language for no reason.
- Stay up to date with top marketing strategies so that you know exactly how to market your brand and can quickly increase your traffic. One way in which you can achieve this goal is by emulating the work of others. For example, you can read about how marketing experts such as Vince Offer used unique and innovative strategies to market their brands successfully. You will also want spend some specific time learning about SEO (Search Engine Optimization.) SEO is extremely important to when it comes to blog ranking in search engines (I will be sharing more info about SEO in a future post).
- Improve the amount of traffic your receive to your blog on a daily basis by improving your social media. One way you can achieve this goal is by ensuring that you have set up a professional social media account instead of a personal one. While this may not seem like a big difference, a professional account will allow you to study your analytics and figure out which of your social media posts are working and which aren’t.
- Another way in which you can increase the traffic of your blog is by simply becoming a better blogger. This means that the content you produce will be of a higher quality and thus more deserving of increased traffic. You can improve your blogging skills by reading and writing more, alongside participating in online training courses. Remember, the courses don’t need to need to relate to writing necessarily – you could try to learn more about photography or marketing too. Learning more about the world of blogging will also allow you to take your blog to the next level.
Best of luck as you work on increasing your blog’s traffic!