Hello dear friends! It’s only a few days until fall officially arrives, and that means it’s time to crank up the fall decorating full force! This year I have been incorporating wheat in my early fall decor and I just love the elegant, yet rustic and natural look.
Last week I shared my Vintage Cottage Style Early Fall Home Tour where I used wheat as a main decor theme. As I was browsing Pinterest for inspiration, I came across so many gorgeous ideas for using wheat in fall decorating that I was inspired to create this round up of 4o Beautiful Ways To Decorate With Wheat. Wheat is perfect for fall, but wheat can also be used in decor all year. *This post contains affiliate links.
40 Beautiful Ways To Decorate With Wheat
1. Fill a large demijohn or glass bottle with wheat. Here I mixed some faux yellow leaves and branches in with my wheat for a bit more color and interest. When I was thinking about using lots of wheat in this year’s fall decor, I came across the wheat pillow and it was the perfect accent for my early harvest decorating theme.
2. Display wheat in small vintage bottles grouped alongside other dried flowers and botanicals.
3. Adorn a shelf or mantel with a simple bundle of wheat tied up with crocheted ribbon
4. I love the simple vintage farmhouse look of wheat placed in an old ironstone pitcher or white vase.
I keep this French grains pillow out year round, but it is especially perfect for fall decor.
5. Create a romantic, French bouquet with dried lavender, roses, and wheat tied up with a pretty satin ribbon.
6. Make a simple French style bundle of lavender and wheat and hang it from a pretty cabinet or shelf.
7. Place a bundled wheat sheaf on the mantel in a vignette with beautiful vintage treasures.
8. Incorporate a wheat sheaf as part of a fall tablescape.
via Uncommon Designs
9. Use a large wheat bundle tied up with burlap ribbon as a centerpiece.
10. Place wheat in a market bag and hang from a shelf or coat tree in an entryway or foyer.
11. Add a bit of color to your wheat with spray paint.
12. Use a wheat wreath as wall decor.
13. Group a tall, skinny bundle of wheat in a vignette with fresh flowers on a kitchen island or countertop.
via Michael Penny
14. A large wheat sheaf makes a stunning decorative accessory on a console table.
Fall Decorating Inspiration via A Stroll Thru Life
15. Create a prize winning fall vignette by placing wheat and pheasant feathers in a large vintage trophy on a styled tray with white mini pumpkins.
via Unskinny Bop
16. Tie up a wheat bundle with plaid ribbon for an extra bit of fall flair.
via Country Living
17. Place wheat bundles under glass cloches on a mantel or as part of a tablescape.
18. Group a bundle of colored wheat with other natural dried flowers such as hydrangeas in complementary tones.
via Shabby Fufu
19. Style a beautiful French Fall centerpiece by placing wheat in an antique enamelware pitcher surrounded by miniature white pumpkins on a silver tray.
Stylish Fall Decorating Ideas via Midwest Living
20. Create a nature inspired fall mantel by placing wheat and other dried flowers in similar containers.
21. Just a few pieces of scattered wheat add farmhouse fall elegance to a pretty fall tablescape.
22. A horseshoe shaped wheat wreath is gorgeous in it’s simplicity, but exudes elegance with the addition of deep wine satin ribbon.
23. Two tall wheat bundles placed in between white pumpkins is an eye catching farmhouse style fall centerpiece.
24. Wheat in a galvanized bucket makes a simple farmhouse fall accent on a side table.
Beautiful Fall Living Rooms via BHG
25. Place wheat in a tall metal bucket to add height and interest to a fall mantel display.
via Design Sponge
26. Make an easy fall votive holder using wheat and twine.
Fall Rustic Mason Jars via Sincerely Jean
27. Fill plain or painted glass mason jars with wheat.
DIY Fall Wheat Wreath via On Sutton Place
28. Hang a simple and elegant wheat wreath with a large burlap bow on the front door to welcome friends and autumn.
Farmhouse Decorating For Early Fall via Little Homestead
29. Put old buckets full of wheat on a table for simple farmhouse fall table styling.
Fall Home Tour via The DIY Playbook
30. Style book shelves with several bundles of wheat.
Wheat Sheave Wreath via Julie Blanner
31. Hang a bundle of wheat tied up with pretty ribbon on a door for fast, simple, and classy fall door decor.
Wheat Bouquets via Everyday Occasions
32. Intersperse several bundles of wheat between candles and pumpkins down the entire length of a table.
via The Classic Cottage IG
33. Place several bundles of wheat all around the room among pumpkins and other fall decor.
Easy Fall Mason Jar Centerpieces via Oh My Creatives
34. Create a rustic fall centerpiece by filling a rustic crate with wheat bouquets in mason jars.
Finding Fall Home Tours via At The Picket Fence
35. Add a touch of fall to the front porch by filling a tall flower pot or container with several different varieties of wheat to add color and interest.
36. Create an elegant mixed fall bouquet by filling an urn with wheat and fall colored hydrangeas.
37. Arrange a rustic pumpkin bouquet using wheat and other neutral dried plants and flowers.
38. Place a trio of over sized wheat bundles on the front porch alongside fall lanterns to create a warm fall welcome to your home.
Fall Front Porch Decor via Living Rich On Less
39. Add wheat to a fall mums and pumpkins display for texture and interest.
40. Use wheat as a base filler in a cornucopia overflowing with festive fall fruits.
Well are you ready grab your sickle and head to the nearest wheat field? Okay if you’re not up to gathering the sheaves the old fashioned way, you can just go to your local craft store or Home Goods to find wheat decor or supplies for making some of the beautiful wheat crafts shared here. Which wheat decor ideas do you love most? I love hearing from you, dear readers!
Thanks so much for visiting today!
Reader Tip Tuesday A Morning Cup Of Joe Sweet Inspiration The Blogger’s Pit Stop Snickerdoodle Sunday Best Of The Weekend Saturday Sparks Flaunt It FridaysTuesdays At Our Home Reader Tip Tuesday Vintage Charm Wow Us Wednesdays The Scoop Make It Pretty Monday You’re The Star Happiness is Homemade Silver Pennies Sundays Feathered Nest Friday Friday Features Flaunt It Fridays Home Matters Best Of The Weekend Pink Saturday Saturday Sparks Create, Bake, Grow, Gather The Farmhouse Friday Link-Up The Charm Of Home Funtastic Fridays Fridays At The Fire Station Wonderful Wednesdays Waste Not Wednesday Creative Inspirations Keep In Touch Style Showcase Thursday Favorite Things Share Your Cup Inspire Me Monday Busy Monday Make Life Pretty Monday Project Inspired Link Party Celebrate Your Story Tuesdays at Our Home Reader Tip Tuesday The Scoop A Stroll Thru Life Amaze Me Monday Dishing it Digging It Creative Inspiration Party Sundays At Home Pretty Pintastic Pin Party Friday Feature Creative Inspirations DIY Show Off Sundays At Home Grace At HomeDagmar’s HomeParty In Your PJ’s