Spring has sprung and it is time to change up my chalkboard! I know we have been seeing chalkboards for a while now in home decor, but I am still crazy about them! When they became “all the rage” a few years ago I fell in love with using them as decorative accents, but I figured their popularity would be short lived. Instead, creative decorators and crafters are continuing to come up with new designs for chalkboards using drawings and gorgeous hand lettering techniques. Old furniture pieces, windows, mirrors, and all sorts of fun junk can be transformed into beautiful works of art with the simple addition of some chalkboard paint.
I especially love decorating with them for Easter and spring. I guess it has something to do with getting big, chunky egg shaped chalk in my Easter basket every year as a child, and later putting them in my children’s baskets too. The pastel colors of the chalk are perfect for drawing Easter eggs, spring tulips, and baby chicks on the sidewalk or on a chalkboard of course!
Some of my favorite childhood memories include drawing on my big green chalkboard at my grandparent’s house. I used it to learn to write my ABC’s, honed my art skills by drawing stars and trees, and spent countless hours playing tic-tac toe games with friends and family. Now that same chalkboard hangs in my kitchen and I still enjoy it as much as ever.
I have been searching Pinterest and Instagram for inspiration and I found 10 beautiful Easter and Spring chalkboard ideas to share with you today. Take a look!
1. It was love at first sight when I stumbled upon this repurposed antique vanity mirror-turned chalkboard by Lisa @nottooshabbymama on Instagram. I want to make one too! You can see how she has decorated this chalkboard year round in her gorgeous home on her Instagram account and blog, Gracie Blue The Blog.
2. This original chalkboard design by @dearlillie IG proclaims the good news of Easter! Find this printable here along with many other beautiful chalkboard printables and inspiring decorating ideas at dearlillieblog.
April @housebyhoff IG certainly has a knack for styling lovely vignettes, so charmingly chippy! I have chosen two of her chalkboards to share.
3. I just love imagining the spring birds “outside” this weathered blue, chippy old window-turned chalkboard. They are sweetly singing “No winter lasts forever, no spring skips its turn…” music to my ears!
4. Here a small chalkboard announces one of the season’s most enjoyable actvities… an egg hunt! So simple and fun! See more of April’s adorable style on her blog, housebyhoff.com.
5. If you love chalk art you certainly will want to follow Priscilla Blain @priscillablain IG. I love all her use of color in this charming design, and of course that frame is fabulous too! Her Easter chalkboard is absolutely perfect for her storybook-looking cottage. So cozy! You can see more of her cottage and artwork on her blog, priscillas2000.blogspot.com.
6. Nancy @artsychicksrule IG also used a little color for her fun diy spring chalkboard. You can find out how to make this awesome farmhouse chalkboard through her detailed step by step tutorial, and get a free printable HERE on her inspiring blog!
7. Sam @raggedybits IG raggedy-bits.com is always creating adorable crafts such as this little bunny chalkboard. This has inspired me to print off a bunny shape to trace onto some type of cool junk, like a salvaged piece of wood or maybe an old silverplate tray, and paint it with chalkboard paint. I will be on the lookout for something when I go junkin’ this weekend!
BONUS! If you don’t want to come up with your own design, she also shared this adorable free printable HERE. Thanks Sam!
8. Stacie @thebarrettchronicles IG has beautiful modern farmhouse style! Here she demonstrates how just a small, simple chalkboard adds seasonal charm to her perfectly styled industrial shelf.
9. Kathy @adelightsomelife IG shared this chalkboard a few years ago but it is still a favorite of mine. Her sweet spring message and gorgeous garden themed vignette would have anyone dreaming of sunshine, gentle breezes, singing birds and leisurely time spent among the flowers! Her whole blog is full of beautiful ideas! adelightsomelife.com
10. Tamela @pastorswifeandcountrylife shared her awesome, HUGE chalkboard on Instagram recently and it made me want to jump right in the picture and start doodling! I am not sure I could resist the urge to draw on it all the time! It makes such a statement in this space, and I love the literal statement she used too. I think it is a perfect positive message to close out this post:
“No matter the winter, spring is sure to follow!”
Aren’t we all glad about that?
Thank you for stopping by! If you are looking for inspiration, just follow the yellow brick home!